Thursday, May 20, 2010

I just received a large order of wine from Wine Library that I am extremely excited about. Here is a link to my "cellar".  By cellar I mean the few shelves in my kitchen cupboards reservered for the wine.

But anyway, moving onto the wine. One of the wines I picked up is the 2006 Hundred Tree Hill Chardonnay from Australia.  I should have known to read the couple of reviews on CellarTracker first, but I completely relied on WLTV's review.  It was a decent wine, but not worth the $16.99 I payed for it.

I thought it had a little butteriness, zero oak (which is fine), a little acidity but all in all was somewhat boring. I bought 2 bottles so I probably keep the other 1 for a year and see what happens next summer. This is just for giggles mind you. I've never cellared a wine before so it will all be part of the grand experiment and I wouldn't want to try this experiment with an expensive wine.

I think next I'll open up the 2007 Foris Pinot from Oregon. All the reviewers say this is dynamite for the price, only $13.98!

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment